Thursday, November 8, 2012

CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #5

Wow! I can't believe we are on challenge number five already for CAS(E) this Sketch! It's so fantastic to see so many players each week and the creative ideas are phenomenal! This week we have another great sketch for you, check it out!


I had so many ideas for this sketch and I had made a card a while ago almost with this exact same design, but I decided to go with something different (you can see my old card at the bottom).
I used my new stamp set I illustrated for Market Street Stamps, Country Christmas to make this very simple card.


I stamped the checked border first and then the sentiment over top. Then I stamped the solid heart, star and tree, cut them out and glued them in place. Finishing touch was some sponging around the card edges.
Here is the card that I made a year ago that is virtually the same sketch design. I made the half circles into icicles!


As always, I look forward to seeing all the gorgeous cards in the gallery! We would love to have you play along with us this week!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Julie

7 comments:

  1. These cards are both fabulous Julie! Those icicles are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of these cards Julie! The first one reminds me of folk art and the second one has a winter wonderland quality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you go, girl!! Both projects are brilliant takes on this sketch - I especially love those icicles!! Too cute for words! So excited to be on another DT with you, chica - you inspire me every day! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them both, Julie. I had to forward them to my mom as I knew she'd flip over the kraft card and she did! Those icicles totally make my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both your cards are amazing and sooo different! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both so fun!! I especially LOVE the second one...the glitter is so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that checkered border and the way the colours pop off the Kraft base. So excited to be joining you on the team!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...