Thursday, November 15, 2012

CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #6

Welcome back to another fabulous challenge with CAS(E) this Sketch! I love this week's sketch as I found it to be very useful for Christmas cards, check it out!


I rotated the sketch horizontally and came up with this simple stamped card that features a few simple layers and a blue and white color scheme.


I started by stamping the mini background from Market Street Stamps, starry night in a shade of blue. I twisted the ink pad in circular motions around the stamp image before I stamped just for a different look. Then I masked off the edege with post it notes and stamped the scene in a darker blue ink. A gem was added to the big star and I stamped the sentiment in black up the side.

I loved all the fabulous entries last week and look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with for this week!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Thursday!
Julie

Adore Him Card
Cardstock: (white) Staples; (night of navy) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Mini Holiday Backgrounds, Reason for the Season) Market Street Stamps; (Come to Bethlehem) Stampin' Up!
Ink: (Not Quite Navy, Night of Navy) Stampin' Up!; (tuxedo black) Memento
Other: rhinestone, foam mounts

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous card !The background looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. COOL background & a totally wonderful card Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That card is amazing. Love the swirly effect on the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great swirly sky and love the little gem star!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE how you did the swirls, Julie. What a neat idea. This card is totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What an incredible effect! Into my inspiration files...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The way you created the background is wonderful Julie! Really BEAUTIFUL card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Van Gogh-style background Julie and the sketch is great twisted round like this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! I love the lone gem in the Christmas star!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning! The swirly background gives it such a dreamy look!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...