Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Market Street Stamps November Release Blog Hop



Hello everyone! Are you excited as I am about this month's release??!! Today we're kicking off with a blog hop to showcase the stamp sets Ornaments, Mini Holiday Backgrounds, Shine On and Reason for the Season. If you've just come from the fabulous new illustrator,  Dobea Alberts' blog then you are in the right place :)
Today I have two cards to share using the sets I illustrated this month, the first one is the Reason for the Season stamp set.

I began by arranging the three small stars on a block and stamped repeatedly using the same color ink as my cardstock for the background. For the panel, I stamped the stable in soft suede and then stamped the sentiment in black on the inside. The star is stamped in daffodil delight and I added a rhinestone to the center to give it some sparkle. After I matted the panel I attached it to the card base using foam squares.
You can purchase this set over in the Marketplace by clicking on the stamp set photo. And don't forget the stamps are 15% off until Sunday!

 

My next card features the Holly stamp from the Mini Holiday Backgrounds set. The thing I love about mini backgrounds is they're great for doing a pattern/solid card which is what I did with my next sample.


For this card I started by stamping the holly background one shade darker than my cardstock on the top half of my card base. Then I divided the card with a strip of scalloped soft suede. The sentiment is from the Reason for the Season set and I stamped a single holly beside the sentiment to tie it in with the top half. I inked all the edges and then topped it off with some ivory organza ribbon and an ivory button.
You can purchase this set in the Marketplace too by clicking on the stamp set photo.


Well that's it for me today! To continue on your blog hop, the next place to visit is the fabulous Amy Kolling! The full blog hop list is at the Market Street Stamps blog, so if you get lost you can check it out there! Also take a peek while you're over there to see how you could a FREE new release stamp set!
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to come back tomorrow for another blog hop!
Julie


26 comments:

  1. LOVE your cards and your new sets you did an amazing job with them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful simple cards!!! GORGEOUS!!! LOVE them both!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, LOVE your stamp designs, girl! I'm in awe! And your cards are perfectly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sentiments in this set and your cards are simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the new stamp designs, especially the one with the nativity scene. Gorgeous CAS cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are Beautiful. Love the sentiments with this release. Smooches...

    ReplyDelete
  7. such beautiful work! I love these large background stamps! THank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards. I love the big stamps. You really placed them well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both of your stamped backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful in all respects, Julie - and the cards definitely showcase your stamps wonderfully. Christmas Blessings = heart-warming; such important reminders about the essence of this special season. Thank you for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your cards! LOVE the brown and red combo on the 2nd one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the background stamps - especially the stars. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic cards.. Love that manger!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow gorgeous stamps...always love the religious ones. Beautiful rich colours on your cards today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful cards--I like the backgrounds and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are really beautiful! I just love that first card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both are wonderful cards. Especially the first.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards! Love these new sets!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cards are so CAS and lovely! I just love the new mini background stamps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cards! Love the background stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...