Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Market Street Stamps November Release Blog Hop - Day 2



Welcome back top another fun blog hop today with Market Street Stamps! Today we're showcasing the sets Christmas Bells, Country Christmas and Friendly Penguin. If you've hopped here from the talented Dobea Albert's blog, then you're in the right place!
Today I'm sharing three cards featuring the third set I illustrated, Country Christmas. I didn't really realize all the possibilities with this set until I sat down and started stamping!

My first card is a different card size that would make a perfect money holder for Christmas.


I used the open circle, ornament topper and string, plus the small solid heart, star and tree to create this simple card. The background is stamped with the small solid star in the same color as the cardstock.

My second card pairs an image from Country Christmas and a sentiment and image from Stephanie Washburn's set Shine On.


For this card I stamped the checked border first and then the candle on top. Part of the candle holder is paper pieced and I stamped the bow on the candle and added tie lines with a matching marker. I used the light/glow markings and the sentiment from Shine On and I think they are a perfect pair :)

My final card is my favourite. I used the tree branch, the berries for the holly and one of the sentiments from Country Christmas.


To make the wreath you can just keep stamping one branch in a circle or put both branches on a block opposite each other and stamp in a circle rotating the block. It goes a little quicker with two on the block. The branches were inked in soft suede and then I stamped the berry clusters in cherry cobbler. It's hard to see, but the branch is stamped on the background as well. The sentiment fits perfectly inside the wreath!
That's it for me today, but you can continue on to my fabulous team mate Tifany DeGough's blog! The Country Christmas set is for sale over in the Marketplace and if you click on the stamp image it will take you right there. Don't forget all new release stamps are 15% off until Sunday!


Thanks for stopping by and be sure to stop by tomorrow for another Country Christmas idea featuring this week's sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch!
Julie






18 comments:

  1. wow your cards are amazing...love the new release

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite set for today! Your cards are amazing!! Loving the wreath you made!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three cards are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All so pretty! I LOVE your rustic colors on them all - but the first one especially is my favorite!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Your cards are gorgeous! Love seeing the different possibilities with this fabulous new stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful cards, Julie! LOVE the wreath, and that little ribbon around the candle is the perfect, little touch. I used that candle image for my Block Party creation on Friday. Gosh, I just adore this Country Christmas set! You just think of all the details, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stamps set Julie...love the cards especially how you created the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this set you illustrated. Great cards--my fave is the candle card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Winning combinations in every respect; the images are gorgeous, the sentiments perfect for the season, and the cards' designs stunning. Anyone would be touched to the core to receive such thoughtful cards. Once again, thank you for sharing and inspiring; Country Christmas is a 'must have'...

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the wreath card! They are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards! Love the Country Christmas set.... The pine branch makes a fabulous wreath!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous cards! I'm loving this release!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cards are TOTALLY cute! I especially love the long shape of the first one--and it's so colorful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards! I love how CAS they are. My favorite is the first one, love the images that you put in the ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are Beautiful. Looks like something in a craft magazine. Smooches...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great use of the images for the baubles. Love it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...