Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What's in the jewellery box?

My Christmas jewellery show has come and gone and thank you to all of you who stopped by! :) I've been trying some different wire wrapping projects lately and the latest one I came across was a knotted ring tutorial, which I just had to give a try!


I made this ring using 18 gauge antique bronze artistic wire just to try it out before using sterling silver. I love the colour of this one, however the artistic wire doesn't hold up to well being beaten around on a ring mandrel. If anyone has made rings, I'd love to hear what you've used for wire for colours other than gold or silver.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Julie

3 comments:

  1. Julie, I LOVE this ring and want one! I couldn't tell if this one is for sale (it's stunning), or if you are going to be making more in sterling to sell. Will you let me know when you have one, or can you custom make one for me? No hurries, after the holidays is fine. Remind me how to measure my size, please. darnell.knauss@gmail.com. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...