Saturday, November 3, 2012

What's in the Jewelry Box?

Well, with all the excitement from Hallowe'en, I forgot to put my blog post up!
My mind is still on fall, although many of our leaves are gone now from the wet and wild weather we've had the past few days. One of my co-workers managed to snag some acorns for me off her lawn before they got soaked which leads me to my next little project...acorn earrings!


I took the tops off the acorns and snapped the stems off and then drilled a small hole through the center of the tops. The acorn body is needle felted with an orange/yellow mix. So far I've tried this color and white ones and I think they are absolutely adorable! To attach the needle felted part to the acorn top, just thread your head pin through the center and through the acorn top, make your loops and then add an ear hook. Very simple and extremely light weight!

Thanks for stopping by today and have a great weekend!
Julie

6 comments:

  1. oh my goodness they are adorable Julie :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! They are fabulous !Never thought of earrings with acorn !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love jewellery inspired by nature Julie - these are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julies, these are beautiful fall earrings! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable! I can totally see myself wearing these, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, these are just too cute! Love how you mixed real acorn tops with needle felting - great idea! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...