Thursday, March 21, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #20

Welcome back to another fun week at CAS(E) this Sketch! We have another fabulous sketch for you to play with, check it out!


I had so many ideas for this sketch...I really wanted to do a tea cup with a tea bag hanging out of it (stamping), but the stamp I thought I had, I didn't so I translated the pocket into a jar and the tag into a flower and here is what I came up with.


I had a lot of fun with this card as I got to use some techniques that I haven't tried in a while. For the flower, I colored the bloom with three different purple markers and that misted it with water before I stamped to give it a watercolor look. I mimicked the color scheme in the repeating sentiment to pull it together. The rest of the coloring was done with copic makers (still learning with these). 
I hope you all join us this week and play along, I love going through the gallery and looking at all the fab ideas! Head on over to the CAS(E) this Sketch blog to garner some ideas and then get crafty :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Julie

5 comments:

  1. The three color sentiment is perfect with the watercolor look of the flower - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, this card is so simple and perfect. I love LOVE how you colored the water. I struggle with my coloring but I might just give water another try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love the mason jar with the flowers and the coloring you did. Everything looks so realistic.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...