Thursday, October 17, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #50

Thanksgiving here in Canada has come and gone so now I have moved onto creating Hallowe'en cards for the rest of this month and what a great sketch for a Hallowe'en card at CAS(E) this Sketch!


Last week I had a card that featured a favourite game of ghosts in the dark, it was a very simple and quick card. This week I may be pushing the boundaries of "clean and simple", but I do love a good inking session with my brayer once and awhile. I kept it as a two layer card with all stamping and inking and it only took 5 minutes more to make than my usual 10 minutes :)


I had been eyeing this stamp for 2 years now, never been inked. I did want to run a sentiment across the focal as in the sketch, but I couldn't bring myself to cover the cute haunting scene. I used a cut out post it note for the moon before a brayered the background. Extra ink was sponged on the edges and over the moon for clouds and then I just stamped the whole image over the moon. Final detail was added some colour to the pumpkin and going in with a black marker to fill in the trees a bit. 
The design team would love to have you play along again this week, it's always fun going through the gallery and seeing what everyone comes up with!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great crafty day!
Julie

4 comments:

  1. Such a fun and creative use of the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so spooky. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your sentiment placement was just perfect! That scene is way to cute to cover up and your inking is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful, Julie! What a fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...