Wednesday, March 12, 2014

What's in the jewelry box?

Today I thought I'd share a quick post on my other hobby that enjoy immensely...jewelry making. I'm off of work this week and have found it a perfect time to catch up on projects and try out some new techniques.

The first thing a tackled this week was ornate beaded beads, which were supposed to be a pair of earrings, but they were too big and heavy so I am going to make them into necklace pendants.


The other two items are some bracelets I tried this week as well.

Another project I tried out this week is a wrap bracelet. I have seen these everywhere on the internet. They are pretty simple to make, just time consuming. This particular bracelet is 24" long and has amethyst, pearls and cat eye beads all in varying shades of purple. The clasp is a simple leaf patterned pewter button.


The last technique I tried out this week is a regular brick stitch and circular brick stitch. This is a pair of earrings I started, one down!


The next photo is a work in progress as I am not sure exactly what I am going to make these into, but this was trying out the circular brick stitch on a round bead.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great crafty day!
Julie



2 comments:

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...