Thursday, January 15, 2015

CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #106

It's another bitterly cold week here; perfect weather to snuggle in and make some cards! Check out the fun sketch to try this week.


I really enjoyed using my brayer last week, so I decided to use it again. I did a bit of experimenting to see what I could do with my brayer and ink on a one layer card. I was looking to create something kind  of messy with some texture, so after playing around I came up with this...


To make the coloured band on the bottom of my card I used Tim Holtz distress inks in dusty concord and broken china. I rolled my brayer first diagonally across the corner of the dusty concord ink pad on a section about 2 inches up from the edge of the roller. I tilted the edge away from the pad so I wouldn't cover the whole end with purple. Then I rolled the edge of the brayer (beneath the purple) over the corner of the blue ink pad. The plastic edge of the ink pad made a pattern in the purple ink when I rolled it, unfortunately most of that funky pattern disappeared when I applied the ink to paper. I still ended up with a neat triangle edge though. I will have to do another post showing the pattern in my sample pieces. Once the ink dried, I inked up a crosshatch pattern stamp and ran my brayer over the stamp and then randomly applied it to the blue/purple edge. Two sentiments finish off this one layer card.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Julie

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Fabulous technique & take on the sketch, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool to use a brayer for your design! Love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Card! Loved it! :D
    Cheers!
    Suchi
    http://suchizcardstock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I thought I'd already visited and told you how much I love this card! Your border is fantastic! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...