Thursday, April 23, 2015

First Russian Spiral Rope

I have discovered a new hobby of beading and find it to be quite relaxing. Lately I have been on a kick to try new beading techniques. Last month I tried a new beading stitch called Russian Spiral and made a rope necklace. To top it off I paired in with a beaded owl pendant that I got from a tutorial from Etsy. The owl design is by Assza and you can find her Etsy shop here. The owl was really detailed and after re-trying sections that I kept messing up on, I finally finished it and was so happy with the way he turned out!


The rope necklace was the perfect compliment to this little guy!


The necklace is done entirely with black beads and finished off with a rhodium plated tierracast toggle clasp and measures about 18.5" in length.


Needless to say, I am addicted to russian spiral necklaces now:)
Thanks for stopping by and have a great crafty day!
Julie



1 comment:

  1. What a great piece! I love the owl, he is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...