Wednesday, March 15, 2017

A few challenges in the mix

I finally received my Stampin' Up! order (which I haven't ordered from in a while), and tried out their new (well, new to me) thick white card stock. I LOVE IT! I had run out of white card stock and was stamping on white computer paper that just wasn't cutting it, but this stuff stamps beautifully. I couldn't resist playing along with this week's one layer challenge over at the Less is More Challenge. It just so happens that my card has a smidge of green too, so I figured I'd enter in the March Paper Smooches Challenge as well.





Here is my simple one layer card...


This card was super simple! I stamped the leaf in a circle so I was left with just enough of an open space to stamp the sentiment. I used a blender pen with a bit of the green ink to fill in any gaps in the stamps that I may have missed from not stamping close enough in the circle. To finish it off I used a corner rounder.


Thanks for stopping and hope you have a productive art filled week!
Julie

Thanks Leaf Card
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! (whisper white thick)
Ink: Stampin' Up! (old olive), Memento (tuxedo black)
Stamps: Paper Smooches (reflections, simply said)
Other: corner rounder, blender pen





4 comments:

  1. Crisp, clean and simple CAS brilliance. Love your take on our challenge and a perfect example of one layer. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stylish and fresh - I love it! The rounded corners are a fab touch and add visual interest without being intrusive or spoiling the clean lines. A lovely card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so crisp and pretty, Julie! I love your leafy wreath. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Less is More this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHHHH! What a fabulous CAS card--- love the leaves in a circle! LOVE LOVE LOVE that green ink! THANKS for joining in the fun for the March challenge! Hope you join in our April SHOWERS challenge <3

    ps... sorry I'm late in leaving comments- I didn't realize I was on vacation for the first week of April! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...