Friday, March 24, 2017

A little card making time!

After tackling my art studio this past week, I can finally see my whole countertop (I'm ignoring the very end that is full of odds and ends at the moment). Clean space means a place to actually be able to create something. So, today I am playing along with 2 challenges; The Paper Players and CASE this Sketch!



I'm not really big on making baby cards, but I like the images and I think I only own maybe two baby stamp sets. I always seem to forget about the stamp sets I created for Market Street Stamps and it dawned on me that one of my sets is a baby theme! Here is what I came up with using the teddy bear stamp from the set...


I stamped the bear, coloured it with copics and then masked over the bear and used the negative space  of a circle die cut to sponge in pink around the bear. The banner is a die cut and I popped it up with foam dots attached to a bit of bakers twine. Final step was the stamped stars and a quick embossed frame around the card edge.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great crafty weekend!
Julie

Sweet Baby Card
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! (thick white)
Stamps: J.Day Designs (baby basics)
Ink: Memento (tuxedo black); Stampin' Up! (blushing bride)
Markers: Copic (cocoa, hazelnut)
Ribbon: Baker Twine (pink)
Die Cut: Papertrey Ink (banner builder)
Other: foam dots, mini glue dots, scor tool, sponge






6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this! Super sweet take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable! The layout is great and that sweet teddy bear is so cute with his banner. http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meant to say Thank you for sharing with the Paper Players this week! :)

      Delete
  3. This is ADORABLE! What a sweet image and I love how you placed the sentiment as well as the little stars....so cute! Thanks for sharing this with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie this card is super sweet! I love all of the little details that add interest to your CAS card. Thanks for joining my CAS baby card challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, this is so precious!!!!! I love that sweet teddy holding his banner! Love the pink masked circle behind him! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...