Thursday, March 30, 2017

Paper Players Challenge #337

I hadn't realized that March has almost slipped by which means there are a bunch birthdays just around the corner in my family and I don't have any birthday cards! Usually I wait until the last minute to make one, but decided to get ahead of the game with inspiration from the Paper Players. Check out the sketch this week...


Using a new die I got from Paper Smooches, I came up with this idea for my Mom's birthday card...


I dug through my patterned paper stash and found a few papers that coordinated with cardstock colours I had on hand. The rose panel is embossed with a Stampin' Up! folder called "Modern Mosaic". For the rose I cut one in white and then another in green and patterned paper and then pieced the rose back together.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Julie

Rose Birthday Card
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! (rose red, kiwi kiss, whisper white)
Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Paper Smooches (word salad)
Ink: Memento (tuxedo black)
Die: Paper Smooches (single rose)
Embossing Folder: Stampin' Up! (modern mosaic)
Other: foam dots, corner rounder


3 comments:

  1. Love the colors and texture from the embossing! So pretty. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous rose and I love the crisp clean lines of your take on the sketch. So glad you joined us at the PP this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how beautiful it is!!! Wonderful color choice, Julie and lovely take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...