Sunday, March 26, 2017

Sentiment and a Sketch

Today I have combined two challenges for my card; Fusion Card Challenge and CAS on Sunday. For the Fusion Card Challenge you can use the sketch or the inspiration photo or both and the challenge at CAS on Sunday is "sentiment"; use only a sentiment and no images.


I used the sketch part of the Fusion challenge and I flipped the sketch so I did a mirror opposite of it. I maybe "over" thought the sentiment challenge because I got to thinking about patterned paper and thought, wait, are the designs on the paper not images and if I use a splattering technique with ink, would that not create an image? After pondering that for a good 10 minutes, I decided to steer clear of patterned paper or anything like it and stick to plain ol' cardstock.


I glued 3 layers of the die cut word "love" and then stamped the you. The red panel is raised with foam dots and I did a quick pierced row around the red edge.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great Sunday!

Love You Card
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! (real red, basic black)
Ink: Memento (tuxedo black)
Die: Stampin' Up! (expressions thinlits, love)
Stamps: Paper Smooches (sentiment sampler)
Other: foam dots, paper piercer


2 comments:

  1. Julie, this card is a piece of pure CAS perfection! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW such a great card love it. Glad you joined us over at CAS on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...