Sunday, March 12, 2017

Tag You're It! Challenge #67

Today's project is on a smaller scale than a regular card...a tiny tag! I love working on tiny canvases and when they are CAS, they're very quick! I made my tag for the "Tag You're It! Challenge", where you make a tag inspired by the work of the featured artist. This week's tag is by Marion Vagg, check it out...


I was inspired by the tag shape, the dies/punches, the boxed sentiment, the thin ribbon and the slight off the edge element with the dies/punches. I couldn't work my idea into a vertical tag, so I flipped it horizontally.


The whole red bird paired with black and white is one of my favourite colour combos and if I remember correctly I made a card quite a few years ago that had red birds too.
I used a mix of stamps and dies to create the tag and did some faux stitching along the edge with a black journaling pen.


Thanks for stopping by and happy creating!

Red Bird Tag
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! (white, real red, basic black)
Ink: Memento (tuxedo black)
Stamps: J.Day Designs (baby basics); Paper Smooches (word salad)
Ribbon: Stampin' Up!
Dies: Tim Holtz (tiny tabs and tags); Memory Box (resting birds)
Other: foam dot, tombow glue



6 comments:

  1. Oh this is so CUTE!! I love your take on this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tag, Julie! I love your CAS style and the red, black, and white color scheme. Those birds are perfectly perched on the line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I forgot to thank you for joining in on the fun over at Tag, You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I love birds on a wire. Great tag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag. Love the stitching!
    Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling tag and tag on the inspiration tag, Julie! Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...