Monday, April 3, 2017

Fusion Card Challenge

I'm getting to the point where I am sick of seeing snow and I'm a winter person! When I came across the Fusion Card Challenge this week and saw the inspiration photo, I had to play along. A cheerful, spring card was just what I needed to chase away the winter blues!


I somewhat used the sketch as well, but I ended up tweaking a few things. It was the flowers that inspired me from the photo.


I wanted to try out my copic markers again (don't know if I will ever get the hang of them) and these cute little flowers from Paper Smooches seemed like a good stamp to try them out on. For the pink colour strip, I put two post it notes on my card base and then sponged the ink colour in between. The clouds and butterfly are popped up with foam dots at varying heights.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope it looks like spring wherever you are!
Julie

Happy Spring Card
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! (whisper white)
Stamps: Paper Smooches (spring fling)
Markers: Copic (frost blue, mint blue, rose red, rose mist, lavender, lilac, barium yellow, canary yellow, pea green, pale moss), ZIG (black)
Ink: Memento (tuxedo black), Stampin' Up! (strawberry slush)
Ribbon: Bakers Twine (green/white)
Die: Unknown source (clouds)
Other: foam dots




3 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I LOVE the little happy flowers and the way you popped up some of the elements on this card. Cute design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh! This is just too cute! Love that little butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card puts a smile om my face! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Fusion :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...