Thursday, April 6, 2017

Here come the bunnies!

Today I'm playing along with two challenges that went quite well together! Over at the Paper Players challenge there is a theme challenge; Easter Bunny. The Less is More challenge this week is to use 3 pastel colours.




I was fairly shocked when I could only find 1 rabbit in my entire stamp collection! I guess I will have to get my hands on some more easter stamps to have a bit of variety 😀 I tried out water colouring today, which I haven't done in a very long time. Here is what I came up with using pink, purple and yellow.


I stamped the bunny repeatedly with staz on ink on a piece of watercolour paper and then I used a paint brush to gather colour off the tip of some watercolour pencils and then washed the colour over the stamped rabbits. The rabbit layer is layered once with yellow and then adhered to the card base with foam dots. Finishing touches were a banner sentiment and a button with a bakers twine bow.


I've also been making bunny earrings today! I had a lady that really liked my bright yellow bunny earrings I was wearing the other day and asked for a pair. She loves the colour pink, so pink bunnies it is! Instead of the bright pink I usually make them in I went with a more vintage pink and vintage brass niobium ear hooks; she loves vintage too!


Thanks for stopping by and have a great crafty day!

Joyous Easter Card
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! (pretty in pink, barely banana)
Other Paper: watercolour paper
Stamps: Paper Smooches (spring fling)
Ink: Staz On (jet black); Memento (tuxedo black)
Watercolour Pencils: Stampin' Up! (pink, purple, yellow)
Button: Papertrey Ink: (vintage collection)
Ribbon: Bakers Twine (pink)
Other: foam dots





4 comments:

  1. I love this! It's such a sweet card; really pretty with the cute bunny, light washes of watercolour and layered coloured card. A super entry to our 3 pastels challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your repeated bunnies and soft colors. fabulous job with the watercoloring. So glad you shared this wonderful card with us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous dreamy use of those pastel colours Julie and a what an adorable bunny. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pretty use of the pastel colours Julie. That bunny looks so happy so the sentiment is a perfect match for it. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...