Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Your Next Stamp Challenge #61

Have you ever stumbled across across a stamp set and fell immediately in love with it?! That is exactly what happened when I stumbled across the Your Next Stamp website and saw a set from their April release! This is the stamp set I HAD to have!


As soon as I saw that little fish near the top, with the big sucky lip, I had a card idea that I wasn't going to be able to shake until I had this set. Soooo, my stamps arrived today and just in time to play along with challenge #61 on the Your Next Stamp blog. Check out the sketch...


There is a colour challenge as well and I would have combined the too except the colours didn't match what I had in mind. Here is what I came up with using the sketch...


This fish worked out perfectly for flipping the image to give him a girly fish to kiss. To flip the image, all I did was stamp the fish on the backside of the fish bowl stamp where it was sturdy (side that clings to block) and then pressed it down on the white cardstock. I had to try it a few times until the image inked up right. I couldn't flip the die that matched of course, so I opted to hand cut the fish out. 


Love the YNS gumdrops too, such a fun touch!
Thanks for stopping my and have a great crafty week!
Julie

Stuck on You Card
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! (pool party, orange, going gray)
Ink: Memento (tuxedo black); Stampin' Up! (going gray)
Markers: Copic (all the colours pictured in photo)
Stamps: Your Next Stamp (aquarium antics); Markert Street Stamps (too many martinis) J.Day Designs (primitive blessings)
Die: Your Next Stamp (aquarium antics, stitched rectangles)
Embellishment: Your Next Stamp (clear/sparkle gumdrops)
Other: foam dots, gloss liquid




3 comments:

  1. I agree, this set caught my eye immediately. This is adorable, Julie! My set is in the mail and can't wait to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Those fish are meant to kiss - great way to get creative and make it happen. Thanks for joining in the fun at YNS!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...